Excellence is not easy. That’s why Aviagen is constantly searching for brilliant minds to focus on delivering the next generation of poultry genetic performance to the industry.
As part of the Aviagen Group of companies, you would be an integral member of a global team on the forefront of recognized genetic performance to poultry customers around the world. Being part of Aviagen’s Research and Development team means that you are a member of a world class team working to ensure customers have the tools they need to meet growing global demand.
If you have a passion for technical excellence in the poultry industry and share Aviagen’s Core Values:
Aviagen has a great opportunity that may be the next step in growing your career.
Our Global Technical Operation (GTO) Team is looking for a Global Head of Technical Transfer. In this role, you will be accountable for leading the development and distribution of Aviagen’s technical communications and training materials to internal teams and clients around the world.
This leadership role has responsibility to ensure the creation of technical communications, develop proper applicability of software tools designed to enhance decision making, identify and share global best practices, develop team members, and ensure Aviagen continues to be recognized as the expert for emerging poultry management information and technologies.
- Confidently and accurately understand cause & affect relationships in poultry production
- Balance respect for current practices with the technical confidence to challenge the status quo
- Create and produce technical communications
- Applied knowledge of the poultry industry in either a commercial or operational role or as an external partner through organizations such as university extensions
- Direct experience in Poultry Science research – demonstrating data analysis and interpretation of results
- Leadership of technical professions with documented results showing excellence in executing technical advisory programs
- Frequent international travel to support business needs
- Clear and accurate verbal and written communication in English
- Desired Experiences:
- Practical experience providing technical guidance to clients
- Education and training of technical team members and clients regarding applied poultry science and relevant technologies
- Demonstrated passion for active involvement in development of software technology
Master of Science in either Poultry Science or Related Animal Science
Sufficient educational background and practical experience to confidently and accurately understand cause & affect relationships in poultry production.
A PhD in poultry science or related animal sciences area preferred.
English – Advanced Oral and Written skills
Competencies & Skills
- Organizational Acumen
- Managing Execution
- Analytical Thinking
- Detail Oriented
- Results Orientation
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Oral and Written Communication
- Project Management
- Problem Solving
- Functional Expertise
- Microsoft Office suite
- Statistical Software (e.g. SAS JMP or equivalent)
For a complete job description and to apply visit:
|% Travel||30-40% with heavy international travel|