Are you passionate about science?
Do you want to have a significant impact on the nutrition, health and sustainable living mission of DSM? Do you want to be part of a dynamic and professional team who take innovative ideas and develop applied technologies that contribute to the sustainability of animal agriculture worldwide? Are you interested in sharing your expertise and encouraging other scientists to reach their potential?
At DSM we take pride in our vision to lead our industry toward a sustainable, brighter future for the next generation. We invite you to help shape the future by developing an emerging team of scientific experts working on market-leading projects.
You will be the Global Head of our Poultry Species Team, based in DSM Nutritional Products Research Center for Animal Nutrition & Health in Village-Neuf, France. You will enable and empower species specialists to provide cutting-edge scientific support through research and development on assigned projects across our innovation portfolio. You will also work in close connection with the Global Innovation and Marketing teams. This is a strategically important position and you will exert significant influence by performing a mission critical role in one our largest business units. You will enjoy considerable freedom to drive open source collaboration and innovation and to build an internal and external infrastructure by sharing data and insights with fellow experts.
• Allocate a global team of scientists to innovation and research projects, marketing activities and product competence
• Recruit, coach and maintain a highly skilled and motivated scientific workforce
• Bundle and share scientific species knowledge (including market trends, best practices etc)
• Develop and manage an expansive external network of scientists
• Research and product development
• Trial organization, execution and reporting
• Monitor and write peer-reviewed publications
• New solution development and application engineering
• Support Marketing (customer support, assessment of competitive products etc)
• Participate in species-specific workshops; providing input on scientific trends, innovative ideas and feasibility assessment
• Interact with the Corporate Research Fellow to identify and address gaps; ensure development of R&D towards market relevant techniques
• Collaborate with Species Project Management to complete innovation projects
• Engage with regional application centers to inspire, share and learn
• Engage with Center Heads and regional Application Heads to ensure adequate resource allocations to key R&D activities
• M.Sc or Ph.D in Animal Health and/or Nutrition
• 5 to 8 years of experience working with poultry, with emphasis on nutritional, physiological and production disciplines
• Ability to write, read and present scientific work at both internal and external events
• Ambitious, collegiate, and consultative, experienced in working with colleagues and in achieving results across a global matrix organization
• Demonstrable leadership skills and able to build relationships, morale and mutual respect
• Good communication skills across all hierarchy levels
• Sensitivity to a multicultural environment
• Fluent in English; any other language is of advantage
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by sending us your CV & Motivation letter in English via the career portal.
For additional questions, please contact Maryline Muhe (email@example.com).
Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.