At Novus our goal as a company is to help feed the world affordable, wholesome food and achieve a higher quality of life. We aim to make a clear difference in sustainably meeting the growing global need for nutrition and health.
Novus’ employees help bring this Vision and Mission to life. Our employees support our customers in over 80 countries worldwide. Our culture is driven by this mission to help support every person across the globe. We are always looking for dynamic people who share our mission to help feed the world.
The Technical Services Manager is tasked with leading the technical services team and activities that align customer needs and business opportunities in the Middle East, Turkey and Africa (META) and
- Develop and implement platforms of solutions and services with demonstrable value in agreement with our corporate strategies that includes the sales, marketing and R&D business plans.
- Manage budget, execution of field trials and product demonstrations in the region.
- Establish sustainable long term business relationships and promote collaboration between Novus and members of academia, research institutions, key technical opinion leaders in the industry within the area and key customers.
- Create awareness of our concepts and adoption of our technologies.
- Position Novus as a solution provider to the animal protein industry in META under the Triple-S concept.
- Lead technical training of sales staff and development of technical marketing materials for the region.
- Under general supervision from manager, operates with discretion in decision making.
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical support to technical managers, sales managers and customers and forward the Novus technical agenda, supporting the use and established positioning of Novus products in assigned region.
- Ensure the training of technical and sales personnel in the correct positioning and implementation of Novus products and the value they deliver to our customers.
- Collaborate closely with peers in other World Areas to facilitate knowledge exchange and Know-how transfer across regions, pro-actively participate in team meetings organized by Global Technical Service function
- Ensure a close collaboration and coordination with the Global R&D team by attending meetings by species to discuss R&D plans, field learnings and budgeting, routine attendance to R&D conference calls, and utilization of R&D personnel in the field to present technical concepts to key customers.
- Manage field and customer trials and product demonstrations for world area. Contribute to review process and published reports.
- Align with marketing in the development of product positioning, play an integral role in product launches and the marketing/sales customer interface. Support business development of existing activities while diversifying the company by proposing new products development.
- Develop technical programs that enhance Novus’ image and technical credibility throughout the assigned area.
- Adhere to the Novus Management System (NMS), Novus Integrity System (NIS) and all policies and procedures related to the role.
General Guidance for Key Knowledge/Skills/ Experience
- Degree in agricultural sciences or veterinary medicine with specialization in animal nutrition, PhD preferred
- Broad knowledge of animal nutrition with 10+ years of technical service experience.
- 5+ years management experience over technical service or related team in similar business in assigned area.
- Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of Technical Service to the completion of complex assignments.
- Expertise in feed formulation.
- Proven understanding of the livestock industry, thorough knowledge of the animal nutrition and health businesses.
- Strong cross functional skills to effectively work with colleagues, manage conflict, negotiate effectively, and achieve desired results.
- Analytical skills to manage and interpret data, run field trials, and provide feedback on controlled experimental work by R&D group.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and teach complex technical concepts in understandable terms to customers and sales team.
Other Essential Requirements
- Fluent in English.
- Additional skills of French, Turkish or Arabic language are an advantage.
- Availability for extensive travel activities (approximately 50% of the working time) is a must.
- Managerial Leadership
- Ensure effective managerial leadership for Technical Services Managers in META.
- Build an empowered and engaged organization adhering to Novus’s core values with ongoing training and practicing of the Novus Management System.
- Enhance the effectiveness of the organization through appropriate recruitment, development, and management of people.
- Plan the work of the unit. Discuss the planning options with direct reports seeking for their suggestions. Assign clear and tangible tasks with specific QQTRs.
- Set context for direct reports on a regular basis, providing the larger picture within which they are working.
- Manage task assignment and personal effectiveness appraisal within region and respective teams.
- Provide frequent, accurate, specific and timely feedback.
- Coach individuals and teams to ensure an integrated and collaborative effort to competently service customers.
- Engage in the training and development of team members and manage succession plans.
- Foster process improvement and cross-functional collaboration.
- Cross-Functional Relationships (CFRs) Sales, Marketing, Global Technical Service and R&D.
Please submit your application to: